For the first annual Navy Nuke trip, we have selected a short three-day cruise that sails out of Miami into the Bahamas. It is an affordable, summer cruise with few vacations day needed. We leave on a Friday and return on a Monday, so you can basically just tell your boss you have a nasty flu on Thursday and he/she would buy that you need a four-day weekend.
Besides, it is the Bahamas. You never got to sail here during your Navy tenure, because you were too busy being stuck inside a metal tube, thrashing about in the suckier regions of the world.
- OPEN BAR. That's right, you can drink on this ship, and you don't even have to hide your booze in your rack!
- No start-up briefing.
- Freedom to do what you want. I mean, we will provide you with an intinerary, but you can do whatever you feel like from drinking by the pool to gaining weight from all the dining options to just basking in the glory of not hot-racking.
- There are nine bars. Did we mention you can drink on this ship?
- Shore excursions. There are lots of options and you can actually enjoy the ocean this time around instead of praying that the lowest contractor bid is going to save you from crush depth.
- Mid-rats. You can have them, but it isn't a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or beenie weenies.
- Spending time with people just like you. Maybe that isn't a benefit?